Jeffery Wright — who plays GCPD’s James Gordon in THE BATMAN — recently appeared on Sirus/XM radio and talked a bit about the film and the trailer released at DC FanDome. The video is below, but here are a few highlights…
- He didn’t recognize Colin Farrell in makeup as The Penguin!
- Confirmed that they are going back to work “next month” — which backs up the reports that THE BATMAN will resume production in September.
- When he read the script, his reaction was “Yeah, yeah…this is ON it.”
- The script is “…beholden to the idea that Batman is the ‘World’s Greatest Detective.'”
- How The Batmobile was described in the script was very appealing to him.
- The script had a “groundedness” about it that really struck him. Gotham is very “assessable.”
- The tone of the film is “…really emotional, provocative, and psychological.”
- The trailer does not include any CGI — it was all photographed.
He said a lot of other cool stuff about THE BATMAN — including the “Holmes/Watson” dynamic between Batman and Gordon — so make sure you check out the full video below! – Bill “Jett” Ramey