Per IGN, Kevin Conroy — the voice of Batman on BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES (and other animated films, the ARKHAM video games, etc. — will play a future version of Bruce Wayne during The CW’s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” Arrowverse crossover this upcoming season.
No word on if the 63-year-old Mr. Conroy will put on the suit and play Batman (though I doubt that will happen).
Here’s the schedule for the crossover…
- Supergirl – Sunday, December 8, 2019 (8pm ET/PT)
- Batwoman – Monday, December 9, 2019 (8pm ET/PT)
- The Flash – Tuesday, December 10, 2019 (8pm ET/PT)
- Arrow – Tuesday, January 14, 2020 (8pm ET/PT)
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Tuesday, January 14, 2020 (9pm ET/PT)
As someone who thinks voicing Batman is very much different than actually playing Batman in live-action, I guess fans will be able to legitimately put Mr. Conroy next to the likes of live-action Batmen (Batmans?) such as Adam West, Michael Keaton, and Christian Bale…well, at least as Bruce Wayne.
And I’ll admit that it is a kinda cool tip of the cap to the great BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES. – Bill “Jett” Ramey